Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Games: Oh well, I tried -.- No Ragnarok for me.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Templar Zeratul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well for the last two weeks I've been trying to download Ragnarok Online. (I'm on 56k so it takes about 35-38 hours to download each time) and all 3 times I've downloaded it, a file has corrupted. I guess I'm not meant to play RO anymore lol.

    Bummer -.-

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ December 12, 2004 07:48 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you tried the version that comes in several smaller (safer) files?

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The same happened here, only I have faster connection, bah it still didn't come down...

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's strange because of the way the Internet protocols are designed... Data shouldn't get corrupted, not if you download it via HTTP or FTP. Unless there's a major bug in the server or the client, which is very unlikely. I've experienced one download corruption since 1998.

    Have you tried alt servers like Download.com?

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ December 13, 2004 08:05 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If i rememeber rightly, there should be a bitt0rr3|\|t version.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Templar Zeratul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tried the full download from two of the mirrors and the 10 smaller downloads with no luck =/

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I've had problems with the iRO dl. The best way to dl it is by one of the two from the iRO website. Download.com and the otehrs either are messed up, or just no up to date, patch wise.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, RO, i don't like that game, i guess this is a little out of point, but still i wanted to express my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •